Thursday, March 27, 2014

Secret Date to the Lake!

Hi everyone! I am pretty proud of the fact that my husband comes up with some great date ideas. Mine are not half bad either if I do say so myself. We keep getting on Pinterest and trying to see if there are any other great date ideas, and sadly, we have already done most of them! So instead of complaining, we thought we could try to add to the mix and give some good ideas to anyone looking for some fun things to do!

Jared and I actually did this date almost five years ago now when we had our first summer in separate cities while still in college. Jared came to visit me and so I got to show him my town! He had no idea when he came to what I had planned. So we made the long car ride to... Ft. Worth! And I got to show him one of my favorite local places, Burgers Lake!

Image from http://www.burgerslake.com/
This little swimming hole was built over 50 years ago, but they are constantly updating it and have a great set up! There's a trapeze, high dive, water slide and diving platform. My family has been coming for a while now and we've seen the high standards the owners hold the lifeguards to first hand. My cousin was actually asked to be a "fake drowning victim" to test the lifeguards and they were on top of it! The place is quaint and beautiful and there are picnic tables everywhere with places to grill!

Jared and I had so much fun jumping off everything and then grilled hamburgers. But the best part, was I brought painting supplies! We didn't know a ton about each other yet and so we each took a half of a heart and painted different things that we loved. That was the only rule. I think it was pretty obvious that our personalities came out on the canvas!

Drying!
Put together!
We STILL cherish this painting today!

After the lake, we changed (they have great showers at Burgers Lake!) and went to downtown Ft. Worth to the Water Gardens! This place is amazing and definitely worth visiting. I love going back again and again!

Our favorite spot, the waterfall you can actually walk down into!

Yep. I was in love!

I love the water!

Our first of many times to the Water Gardens!
This date isn't really different or outrageous. But we visited a new place and added a personal touch since we both loved painting. Dates don't have to be super spectacular like you see on the Bachelor or something. They just need to have a great combination of new and common interest that ultimately brings you two closer together!

Have you gone on dates to lakes that were really fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment