Sunday, May 22, 2016

Disneyland Trip Report!



Today is going to be a long post, but I hope it's worth it because we are talking DISNEY today!

Mom and I went out west to hang out at Disneyland over Mother's Day. We participated in the Tinkerbell Half Marathon as well as checked out all the new stuff they had for Star Wars and the 60th anniversary.

First off, we used The Mouse for Less Travel Agency to help us book this trip. Since we are normally Disney WORLD goers, it was so helpful to have someone give us an idea on what to expect for Disneyland. Jeannette Cona-Larock is our agent and she is FANTASTIC! When it came to restaurant recommendations and photo pass questions, she was able to help us out with all of it. Definitely check them out next time you are looking to go to Disney. Their services do not cost you ANYTHING and it's so helpful to have someone help you with all the questions you may have.

We headed out early on Friday morning. With the time change, it was like we time warped. We arrived "shortly" after we had left!

After getting to the hotel and unpacking, first item on the list was to get to the expo to pick up our race packets. Then came our favorite, shopping! After visiting all the vendors we made our way down Downtown Disney to shop in all the fun stores they have there.

At the expo!
There are several fun vendors at the expo and we always love the photo ops they have available with the photo pass photographers!

Look mom! I got wings!
All the swag!

Dinner that night was at Napa Rose. It was seriously one of the best meals I have ever had!  

My tomato-bell pepper soup with shrimp!

The following morning, we rope-dropped California Adventure and rode several rides!

Hello Cars Land!
Going down Route 66!

I got to see Red! He's my favorite!
 While out and about we got to see Chip and Dale! They were so excited to see us!

Happy Chipmunks!

Lots of love from Dale!

We dropped into the Twilight Zone!


Toy Story is our favorite! I actually got the high score for our car!

We pretty much did everything in California Adventure we wanted to do by noon, so we headed over to Disneyland and checked out the new Star Wars stuff they had! The Launch Bay ended up being one of our favorite things on the trip. They had a great small film talking about the impact the past Star Wars films had on movie making and where they were going in the future.

Then we got to meet Kylo Ren! They had us stand in a hallway to wait and so we started chatting. Then suddenly, he appeared from around the corner and just stared us down! He finally invited us in and said "I sense you sympathize with the resistance." I said he was correct. He told me that was unfortunate...he could teach me about the dark side of the force. After our picture he told us to give his condolences to those in the resistance. It was one of the BEST character interactions I have ever had!

Kylo Ren trying to use Jedi mind tricks on me.

I guess it isn't appropriate to side hug Kylo Ren??? I didn't feel like it at all!

Outside the exit they had a place for you to take photos with a lightsaber! Haha.

I'm feeling it. Just need the robe!

The force run strong in my family!

We then checked out the Blue Bayou for lunch...one of my other favorite meals!

The menus lit up!

Before we left the park we ended up stopping to get mom her Mother's Day present...a silhouette of her with my brother and I (who sent me a picture before we left!). 

Hand cut. Saying hi to Walt as he looks over the town square!

That night we "carb loaded" at PCH Grill before going to bed early because the next day...we raced!

I could write a whole review about the Tinkerbell race, but I don't think I would be able to add any more than others have already written on other blogs. I enjoyed the course immensely. It was a little weird running down Main Street "backwards" away from the castle and not going down the main street for Cars Land. But the out and back nature of going through Anaheim helped the "non Disney" miles go by quicker. I am THRILLED that they switched to having Photopass photographers on the course because we were able to get awesome pictures like these!


About to run through the castle!

So awesome!

I don't know what we are smiling at, but we are apparently having a good time!
Finish line!

We did it!

My mother (who runs much faster than me) really pushed me on my pace this race. Not to mention we had just a great time chatting as we ticked off the miles. It was such a great race and we finished in pretty much 2:30 on the dot!

After the race we headed back to Disneyland. We got done so quick (and were able to walk back to our hotel) that we pretty much walked into the part shortly after it opened!

It's tradition...gotta take our pictures with our medals in front of the castle!

We rode our E ticket attractions today! Indiana Jones and Hyperspace Mountain galore! We also made our way to the Launch Bay again and we ran into Boba Fett!

Apparently I look like a spy that he needs to take back to Jabba the Hut.

Our second way through Hyperspace Mountain!

Let me say, Hyperspace Mountain was our favorite ride the whole trip! We loved the Star Wars overlay. Going up the hill and hearing the main title theme gave me goosebumps!

The rest of the evening we relaxed and saw the last things on our list.

Dole Whip while watching the Enchanted Tiki Room? Perfection!

Then we capped off the night with watching the Paint the Night Parade and the Disneyland Forever Fireworks!

We ended up snagging a spot on Main Street right before the parade started!

These shows were my fondest memories. Watching everyone interact together with the floats (which were spectacular in themselves) was hilarious. And then we all moved into the street together to watch the fireworks. Everyone was singing and dancing together as they moved from song to song. It literally feels like you are there with thousands of your best friends! 

The following morning we had to leave, but we didn't leave before hanging out with our favorite characters at Goofy's Kitchen!

Chef Pluto!!!

The character interactions took the "waffle" (get it? It's breakfast so not cake...). Dale recognized my ears to be like Pluto and he refused to take a photo with me until I took them off!


Of course, Pluto loved them!


Did I mention my favorite, gluten-free Mickey Waffles?????


Last goodbye!

Disneyland has such a special place in my heart. It was my first park as a baby and the history behind it strikes a chord in my heart. I actually like it being a smaller park. It does not lack for things to do and it feels more immersive due to the compactness of it. I prefer the Disneyland version of several rides (like Haunted Mansion, Pirates, It's a Small World, etc) as well. 

It was such a fun vacation. A whirlwind for sure...and I'm fairly certain I am still on California time. But we had such a wonderful time and lots of precious memories together. I know I will certainly cherish the fun Mom and I had together for a long, long time.

But the fun doesn't have to stop here! If you want a more in depth look you can check out all the Go Pro video I got from the trip! You can watch us on Radiator Racers, going upside down on California Screamin', hanging out in Tower of Terror, our awesome Jungle Cruise Skipper and more! 



Have a great rest of the day and see you real soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment