Saturday, May 14, 2016

Serial Saturday: Communism

So one of the things that I have been very impressed with on my new subscription to "The Blaze TV" is their "serial" series. They discuss different topics and the history behind them. I don't know about everyone else. But in every history class I ever took we spent ages on years 1600-1950 and then crammed 1950-1990 into one day. So much happened during that time that directly affects us today and I have no idea what went on. Additionally, no one really taught about communism vs. capitalism in depth. No one explained progressivism to me. No one was unbiased enough to just give me the fact straight on.

There is never an unbiased agenda in the news but the thing with Glenn Beck is I feel like I know his bias. He doesn't hide it so I can take anything he says with the appropriate grain of salt. But I have found these serials he has been doing to be really helpful in understanding that recent history that I never got to study in depth.

Hope you enjoy.

Today's serial discusses the history of Communism. Even if you had to read Animal Farm, this might be a helpful history lesson on what has shaped much of history over the last hundred years.


No comments:

Post a Comment