Saturday, May 25, 2013

Not Tomorrow

Hi everyone! Happy Memorial Day weekend! We've been in Dallas this weekend getting ready for our move. This has brought a great amount of time to get to spend with my family. I love it! We've also been getting ready for summer. Dad cleaned the porch and we used the pool after our long run!

Today shouldn't be a long post since I just have a small bit of encouragement to give today. There have been several times during the last couple of weeks while I've been traveling where I have had to adjust my routine with my workout schedule and my diet. I don't have everything I have at home and sometimes eating out requires me to be the demanding customer. Unfortunately, I have to in order to keep my body healthy...I don't want to get sick by eating something I'm allergic to! Sometimes I'm very good about what I eat and how much. Sometimes, I eat way too many chips at the Mexican restaurant. Other times, I know I've made good choices with my salads and fish!

When it comes to my workout schedule, I don't get to work out at the times I normally do. I have to adjust my routine in order to spend time with family. Some weeks, that means my long run is on Sunday instead of Saturday and my whole schedule feels off. 

I used to be the person where if I couldn't follow a workout or diet perfectly, I would beat myself up about it and tend to not stick with it. But now, I realize I will never have a perfect workout routine or a perfect diet. The key is consistency. Having to go gluten free gave me a perspective that has changed my life. Every time I eat is an opportunity to intentionally give my body the fuel it needs. Sure sometimes I just eat what I want, but I do it much less now than I did a year ago. I used to not count calories. When I started I thought it was a bummer. But now, I can eat that ice cream without guilt because I know I've eaten healthy and I'm confident my little bowl of ice cream fits in my calorie count. 

Discipline and consistency in my workout and diet gives me freedom I haven't known before. Plus, since I'm consistently coming in with a calorie deficit, I'm slowly shedding the pounds. Am I winning any Biggeset Loser records? Ha. Yea right. But I am feeling better and living larger and I have more energy to do the things I have felt The Lord has called me to do!

So please, don't get discouraged or beat yourself up over eating that bag of chips or pack of cookies. Dont say you will start again tomorrow. Just see your next meal today as an opportunity to get back on track!

No comments:

Post a Comment