Sunday, November 4, 2012

A New Era

Hello everyone! It's good to be back! Jared and I took a week off of running so that our bodies could recover. We also celebrated Jared's birthday and got massages and we got him a new RC airplane!

It's funny how absence makes the heart grow fonder! I needed to rest to let an injury in my hip flexor heal but man was I actually sick of laying around the house and not exercising!

Now that we are not newbie runners and we have maybe graduated to novices, we are going to start to go faster and stronger now. We have our Turkey Trot 5K in Houston on Thanksgiving morning. My goal is to get under 30 minutes. To do that we are interval training and running faster. Like running...not jogging! Then every Thursday we will run a 5K straight and see how fast we can go!

Today we went 2.48 miles in 30 minutes and boy was it tough! I was having a hard time keeping up with Jared but I know I will be better off for it! Pray for us!

Love always,
Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment