Thursday, November 22, 2012

Turkey Trot Dallas 2012

So today was our Turkey Trot 5K!

We began the morning at 7:00 am with breakfast then headed out for downtown around 7:40. It wasn't hard to find where to go. Not because there were tons of signs, but because there were tons of people! It was like a 45 minute wait for the bathroom alone. Thankfully, I found a small bank of porta-potties that was tucked away and no one could see! I was a little worried about missing the start of the race. However, it proved to be unnecessary to worry about because we didn't even get to the start line until 30 minutes after the gun went off. Thank goodness for RFID chips to time our run! Here's our results!




I was super proud of this race. First, there were TONS of people like I already said! Then, we also had Duchess. I was so surprised! She did so well! I was giving her verbal commands like "left" and "right." Even "up" and "down" for the curb we were running on. She was so focused on running it was amazing! I think she's a sled dog at heart.

Then, we were actually passing people running instead of being passed! It was such a good feeling! I didn't stop throughout the race...every time I wanted to I just kept on going! We beat our last time by three minutes!

What was also really cool is that they had bands along the race course for a mid course jump start. The track also went through Deep Ellum. While I would not normally go through there at night, it's still fun to look at all the store fronts. There was even a puppy day care with all the dogs barking at the runners going past the windows!

Again, I am just super proud of myself in this race. I cannot shout enough for joy!









So now it's onto the 10K! Jared and I just signed up for the Biggest Loser 10K in Austin on January 26th. We are going to make it a part of our 1st anniversary celebration! I am so excited to get better at running and to really see what my body can do!

You can check it out here:
http://www.biggestloserrunwalk.com/Austin_TX_5k_10K

One race I have also longed to do is the Disney Princess Half Marathon! The next one is in February but I seriously doubt I will be able to run it that fast...much less have the money to go! But let's say you are a girl, and lets say that you want to join me for a fun Disney weekend in 2014. Message me on Facebook and let's do it!

You can check out that race here: http://www.rundisney.com/princess-half-marathon/

Still running across America!



Happy Thanksgiving!


No comments:

Post a Comment