Tuesday, December 4, 2012

10K Here We Come!

So Christmas is upon us! I love Christmas! The best part for me is the lights. I think they are just so pretty! Cue decorating the Christmas tree!

Me getting the Christmas music together!

First Christmas ornament!

A proper Christmas tree has an Aggie ornament on it. Preferably several. :)

Complete!

Christmas isn't the only thing that has come to our house...10K training has! I think I'm a little insane with this schedule. It's gonna require a gym membership as we definitely need to have cross training days. But we are four days in and have had 1 rest day, 2 runs (one 30 minute and one 40 minute) and a cross training yoga class that killed my gluteus maximus. I'm thinking next cross training day we might try the pool...

But regardless of how crazy it gets, I want to keep my focus in check. I'm doing this to show myself I can do all things in Christ who strengthens me. He gave me my legs. He gave me my lungs and my heart. Even with my asthma I can do this! Not even lightning stopped me today. I found a gym and I hopped on that treadmill. Was it hard? Heck ya. Is my body friends with me right now? No way Jose. But that's just a temporary thing. The eternal ramifications are a reminder to rely on God and to know that I can push myself further than I ever thought I could!

You can do it too. :)

I'm still running Across America. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment