Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Not What it Seems

So growing up, I've always placed a big importance on how things look. I mean, Disney was just glitz and glam galore and I was always captivated!

But looking on TV at all the ads while I was on the stationary bike today really made me think, you know, that looks good. But does it really work?

This goes for people too. I've realized that someone you know may have the coolest jeans, the nicest car, the biggest house but when you get to know them they are a total jerk. Not all people are this way, but I'm saying it happens. When you meet people, yes we notice the outside. But I'm always careful to give the relationship time before I can tell what really makes them tick.

So my advice (which I'm taking up myself) is look past the fancy lookin' stuff. Something or someone might look cool or sound cool. But until you see how they work, how they treat other people, or they spend their time on, you don't really know who they are.

The great thing is, Christianity is one of the few things that can look cool and is genuine. Let me say, my church looks COOL. We got big fancy lights and great music and fun videos. Then, once you get past the glitz and glamor and get one on one with the people, you can see the heart beat of God reaching out to those who are searching for Him.

And I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment