Sunday, October 14, 2012

Two months later

So here we are. It's week nine in my training and I am 80 miles into my Run Across America and two weeks before my first official race! I have been running 5K's this week and have been decreasing my time by a minute in each of the last few runs!

Today I ran my first 5K without stopping!

It's been a journey. I never would have imagined the fact that I would be doing this. I could barely run for a minute two months ago. And now I'm checking mile splits. Crazy!

My doctor even had good news about my blood work the other day. My health is better that two months ago. You can see the difference in concrete numbers.

I will probably elaborate more on the mental journey tomorrow or the day after when I have more time. But let me say this now:

I'm an ordinary person. I have a job and a husband. I have asthma and a food allergy...something not conducive to the typical running diet! But I'm doing it.

You can too.

You have to answer the question, "How bad do you want it?"

No comments:

Post a Comment