Friday, April 12, 2013

Day of Rest

So today there was no workout. Isn't it funny when you aren't supposed to do something, it's all you think about? So this morning, after Jared and I slept in, all I wanted to do was run. But since I know that my body needs the rest, I just read about running haha. Spent some good time perusing Runner's World magazine, The Marathon Method, and The New Rules of Marathon Nutrition. Great reads so far let me tell ya!

After Jared and I took the dog and went geocaching, but miserably failed finding anything. Duchess loved the walk though. Then we went and ran some errands, which included the grocery store AND the plant store!

I was super excited as my garden has been taking off in some places, and had died in other places. My top half of my lettuce is doing great! The bottom part of the planter, not so much haha. So I replanted some lettuce.


Garlic is doing great. I hardly have to do anything for it!


Then my sunflowers didn't make it, but I realized this last month, what good Texas girl DOESN'T have bluebonnets in her garden? This girl now does! I love them! They are my favorite!


My green bell peppers are growing fast!


And I planted some cilantro today! I'm gonna have to make some sort of shade for them so that they aren't in the heat as long.


Jalapenos are holding on. I keep praying for the one in the back haha.


Then I finally have BASIL! Just the smell makes me hungry!


The last thing that didn't make it was my onions. So I'm re-starting those in little seed starters next to my mint (which of course is thriving).


Waiting for my parents to come in tonight and we are going to do Mexican of course! Can't wait to see them. Brother comes in tomorrow! Yay!



No comments:

Post a Comment