Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Inspiring the Inspiring

So today I want to brag on someone very near and dear to my heart. She's been a best friend of mine since 6th grade. We have math class crazy stories together, roommate fun nights and fun girls outings to go on for hours about. I have a crazy love for this girl. Let me introduce to you, Ashley!!!

Ashley is always someone I have looked up to. She lead the high school tennis team, had some of the best grades in our class, was ALWAYS organized and has amazing fashion and decorating sense that I covet. And men...she's single! I will be taking applications and be performing a thorough background check and personality screening before you can date her! :) She's that awesome!

Unfortunately, we have been in separate cities ever since college. We have gotten to see each other a couple of times, but it is not enough! Thank goodness we live in a world with Facebook. We got to talk back and forth about life after college and lo and behold, she tells me she is running too! I was double shocked when she told me she was inspired by my postings about MY running journey!

This is why this is crazy people...Ashley is the one who introduced me to the Biggest Loser in the first place. An episode of the Biggest Loser is what inspired me to run a marathon in the first place! So in essence, Ashley inspired me to run. And now she's telling me I'm inspiring her!

Then Ashley tells me she's running a half marathon! I ask when and she tells me TOMORROW! I was floored and so excited for her! She ended up running the Rock and Roll Half Marathon in Dallas and finished in 2:29:58. Everyone join me in giving the girl a rousing round of applause!

I totally stole these photos off the web so acknowledge these were taken by really good people!

Look at her go!

Photo Finish!


So here's where the gift keeps on giving. My mom has gifted me with a sponsorship in the Walt Disney Marathon in January for my birthday (THANKS MOM!!!!!). I was really debating if I wanted to do the half or the full. But what I realized was I was giving myself excuses to not do the marathon because I am still scared. Ashley doing her half and pushing herself that far has inspired me to push that fear aside and go for it.

Ashley inspired me, I inspired her, and she has inspired me back. That is what true friendship is all about and I am honored to have her as a friend. I love you Ash!

No comments:

Post a Comment