Saturday, April 13, 2013

Slow Down

Happy Saturday everyone!

So this morning I had the pleasure of sitting in on the monthly meeting for Redeemed. There are some exciting things going on let me tell ya. I had some great conversations and some things are gonna start rolling real quick with new safehouse situations and intake centers!

When I got home I had lunch, talked to Jared for a bit, took a nap. Then we went running. I was so excited to just be running I didn't care about my acid reflux or my knee hurting. What I love about running is time really does slow down. In the past, this was a thing I hated. I'd look down at my time and expect 20 minutes because I was so tired...and it would only be two! But today was different. My body has learned how to run the long distances and now running forces me to slow down mentally and just enjoy the time I have out in the park (even though there were a million birthday parties going on today!). The 45 minutes seems like a day of refreshment once I'm done and I have a smile on my face the rest of the day!

So if you ever think to yourself, "I wish I had more time in my day," maybe you should try running. It's awesome and it really does provide a small oasis where you can refresh and then get back at the rest of the things in your day recharged!

No comments:

Post a Comment