Friday, November 20, 2015

Happy Birthday Mom!

Today is a pretty special day...it's my mom's birthday!!!



My mom is a pretty special lady. ;) Not only is she absolutely beautiful, but she is an amazing woman! I am completely blessed to have her as a role model!

Here's what I love about Mom:

1. She introduced me to Disney and chocolate. What else does a girl need???

2. She's a hard worker. She has tirelessly worked her whole life to be the best at what she does and she never gives up. I hope I can be the best at what I do just like her.

3. She is the most loyal person I know. If I'm into something or my brother is into something, she jumps in 100% and learns about that thing with you. From my days working at the winery to our new runDisney obsession, she loves sharing what you love. And to boot? She sticks with you no matter what.

4. She loves to travel! I have had the opportunity to travel to so many places because of her love for travel! I am so blessed to have had all the experiences I have had and I know my love for travel comes from her and Dad. Thank you for schlepping me all over the world so that I could experience so many things!

5. She is the best teacher. Yes, yes she teaches at Rice. But she's also a great teacher for life. If she doesn't know how to do it, she finds someone who does (hello Spanish and music!). But she's taught me so many things. Like how to make a cheesecake (and cook in general). She taught me about history, how to read and write, how to do a resume, how to make friends. She builds fences, can do-it-yourself on many things around the house, and knows how to shop sales!!!! I have the best person to learn alongside with.

6. She is super compassionate. But what's awesome about her compassion is that she doesn't just look at your plight and go "poor baby" and bring you some milk. But she tells you the things you need to hear to give you that extra push to move past it. I think this is super rare. I'm able to talk to her whenever I'm having a meltdown and be able to move on with her encouragement.

7. She's my best friend. We get together and we can just talk! From Disney to running to clothes she and I just can go on for hours! It's a problem when we are on a trip and we need to get up early in the morning, but it's one of the most cherished things about her that I love!

To thank you Mom for being so awesome. Today we celebrate you!

Love always,
Madelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment