Friday, August 24, 2012

My Quest Across America!

Hello everybody! So I have decided that just running is so boring. So I'm setting a goal for myself to run a marathon!

Why do you say? Well, because I've always wanted to run a marathon and I always thought it would be amazing. However, I never thought I could do it. I have realized that God asks me to do crazy things too but with His help I can do all things!

In addition to running a marathon, I also found this amazing website that virtually lets you run across America! It goes along the old Route 66 from one side of the country to another. I'm going to log my training miles on this website and see where my miles take me. I mean come on...it gives you pictures of the road! (See attached picture)

This isn't all about me though. This is about you too. I hope that me pushing myself inspires you to see God has big plans for you too and with Him you can do all things!

Two verses to ponder into our hearts as we run...

"I can do all things through him who strengthens me." (Philippians 4:13 ESV)

"but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength;
they shall mount up with wings like eagles;
they shall run and not be weary;
they shall walk and not faint." (Isaiah 40:31 ESV)

God bless. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment