Thursday, August 30, 2012

What You Put In Is What You Get Out!

So this morning I was looking at my schedule and figured out that I wasn't going to be able to run this afternoon due to my little sister-in-law's birthday party. Plus it was supposed to rain. So I went ahead and laced up my Nikes and went for my run this morning. However, what I forgot to do was eat! So when I got out to the park I was running much slower than I wanted to.

Lesson for today: you must have fuel in order to perform. I'll have to keep that in mind when I start doing my early morning runs next week.

Ironically this is also what I learned in my Bible study today. Daniel (also called Belteshazzar), Hananiah (also called Shadrach), Mishael (also called Meshach), and Azariah (also called Abednego) (Daniel 1:7 NLT) were all taken into the royal service when the Babylonians conquered Jerusalem. I affectionally call them Shack, Rack and Benny from my Veggietales days. :)

The king gave them a ration of the king's food and wine but Daniel and the others did not want to eat it. They said that their diet would be much better if they just ate vegetables and water. So the king's servant put them to the test for ten days and sure enough, Daniel and the other boys looked much better at the end of ten days then those who had been drinking the king's food and wine.

What we put in our bodies is what our bodies are going to give us back. I didn't put fuel in my body this morning, therefore my body was not able to go as fast as I wanted it to. We have to take care of the bodies that God has given us. They are miraculous creations and much more capable than what we give them credit for.

So next time you're at the grocery store, think about the produce section instead of your canned vegetable aisle. :)

I'm still running across America!


No comments:

Post a Comment