Thursday, January 8, 2015

Preparing for Princesses!

I have been breaking out the scrapbooks and home videos lately as the anniversary of my first marathon is coming up here in another week. I remember all the hard training runs, the research and the questions I asked of my sanity while I spent a year and a half training for this race. However, I still have very fond memories of my race through Disney. If you would like to see it, check out my video below!




I'm wishing everyone who is running this year lots of love and hopes for a very special and fun day!

Meanwhile, I am preparing for my own very special race in mid-Febuary...the Glass Slipper Challenge at Princess Half Marathon Weekend! I'm very excited as I am actually going to run the 10K with my mother-in-law and sister-in-law. It's their first 10K! I got to run the Houston Turkey Trot with my sister-in-law this past Thanksgiving, and it was so much fun!

So for the 10K we all four of us are picking our favorite princesses and I chose Rapunzel! I found a $5 clearance running shirt at Walmart. Then I broke out the sewing machine and added some cute little touches that helped turn this shirt into my favorite running costume piece I've made so far! The lace and gold trim was a bit difficult to sew on all together, but I think it turned out really well! 


Add in some hair clips I made with flowers, a braid and pascal...and I'm set! I'm still debating on taking a frying pan with me. I'm wondering if TSA will give me a hard time about it on my carry on!

I'll go over my costume for the half marathon on the next blog! 

Talk to y'all soon!
Maddie


No comments:

Post a Comment