Sunday, September 9, 2012

A First of Many

So today was pretty cool. Loved seeing my kids at church this morning and we had a fun time making bracelets. Long story short we learned that we need to respect God and God's church!

Then we went to the Egli ranch and picked up some mattresses for Redeemed before we headed home via HEB. I'm still convinced the less time I spend in there is equivalent to the less money I spend!

Then Jared and Duchess and I went running! Today was a big deal because today was one of few runs (if not the only one I can remember) where I ran more minutes than I walked. I was hurting by the end for sure but I was so proud of myself! Jared is amazing because he takes Duchess and battles her chasing after squirrels and other dogs WHILE he runs! And now he's making tacos! He really is superman!

A couple nights ago Jared and I watched Fireproof. While we are in honeymoon phase like...#4 haha, we still appreciate our marriage more than ever. I also can relate running to marriage! While it may be hard to do life with someone at points, my encouragement for you today is that you CAN do what you set your mind to. Don't have a victim mentality or say its too hard. Leaving the marriage should never be an option. Just like I went into this run determined to do it no matter what, I am in this marriage determined to make it thrive no matter what. The great news is, I have God on my side in both running and my marriage! It may hurt sometimes, but the feeling on the other side is priceless!

On Running Across America today we ran through Jamestown! The first picture is our running through Jamestown and the second is where I started and stopped for today!

Don't stop running! And stay tuned for tomorrow because it should be interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment