Thursday, September 27, 2012

The End of Week 6!

So today marks the end of training week 6. To be honest I'm shocked that I have made it this far!

Today I was really struggling with the run that seemed so easy on Sunday. Yes we were pushing ourselves and yes we went faster and further than Sunday! I didn't quit either! Yet at the end of this run I didn't feel the accomplishment like I did at the end of previous runs.

I think what is happening (after discussing my feelings with the husband) is that because I struggle with the run more than I used to I don't feel like I'm doing well. Therefore I don't realize how great I'm doing. The fact is I'm doing harder things that I did two weeks ago. I'm doing things I didn't think I could do! So I just need to take a step back and look at what I've accomplished before going back to the grindstone for what is coming up next.

Of course this wouldn't be my blog if I didn't relate this back to life. :) I think sometimes we struggle with sin and we get down on ourselves because we keep struggling with something. But we have to realize that struggle is God working in us to cleanse us of that sin. Don't wallow in the fact that you sin or carry it as a badge of honor. We don't want to just get comfortable with being able to say we are struggling with something. What we want to see is progress. Here's something I learned from Breakaway:

In the book of 1 John, John talks about how if we know Christ, we are in the light. If we don't know Christ, then we are in darkness. How do we know if we are in the light? Because we experience the amazing power of His love and that love makes us want to follow His commands. Not because we have to but because we want to. And we are not going to be sinless walking in the light, but we are going to be cleaned of our sin by Jesus over time.

'Whoever says "I know him" but does not keep his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him, but whoever keeps his word, in him truly the love of God is perfected. By this we may know that we are in him: whoever says he abides in him ought to walk in the same way in which he walked.' (1 John 2:4-6 ESV)

The key to this passage is the 'is perfected' part. We are being perfected right now like we have been in the past as well as in the future!

We may not see the progress or see how far we have come with Christ. But I encourage you to take the time to talk to Him and see what has happened recently in your life. Find the little victories and know in your heart that God is doing/will do a work in you and through you if you let Him!

I may get new running shoes tomorrow. :) I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment