Monday, September 10, 2012

The Work Day

Today started at 4:30 in the morning. I didn't mean to get up at 4:30 in the morning, but I did because I was so worried I wouldn't get up to my alarm at 5:15, I basically worried myself awake. So I finally accepted that I wasn't going back to sleep at 5:05 and I got ready, ate breakfast and kissed my husband goodbye before heading out the door.

Why was I up this early you ask? Well, I was meeting the executive director of Redeemed and some other volunteers at the church down the road so that we could carpool together to the Great Day Houston set. We were meeting a bunch of different human trafficking groups down there and hopefully getting a spot on the show to talk about the ministry.

So we carpooled, waited, sat and watched the show. But unfortunately it was medical Monday (who came up with medical Monday with human trafficking advocates in the audience??) and all the segments were medical themed. We didn't even get to say a word. However, we did get to talk to Deborah Duncan herself about our ministry after the show. So hopefully we will get the opportunity in the future to talk about Redeemed on her show. Pray!!!

After, we all traveled back to Spring and I went up to the Redeemed safe house where they had already cleaned out the garage and were organizing all the donations. It was crazy how much stuff there was in there! We also had a little incident where there was a cockroach on one of the boxes Bobbie was passing me. She screamed and I thought it was going up my arm. Oh the stories you get from ministry haha! It was awesome to just hang out with the people there and help out. They really are the salt of the Earth and I am blessed to be a part of such a great ministry.

I went home, posted a few more things to Facebook for Redeemed, then I conked out for a little while. Jared got off early (yay!) so we left for worship practice together from the apartment. This NEVER happens!

Now I'm working outside the church enjoying this nice weather we are having and watching the sunset go down behind the pond we have. It is so nice to be able to reflect on the day and know it was a little bit crazy, but I hope that God takes the little things we did and makes them into something great!

That's all for today. Can't wait until tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment