Tuesday, September 11, 2012

The Push Through

Today was one of those days I wanted to turn off the alarm and go to sleep. But man am I glad I got out of bed.

Staff meeting...great. To do list...whittled down significantly!

Then I got to my run and it was the quintessential 'butterflies in my stomach.' I didn't know if I could do it. I was nervous! The training was supposed to be the same intensity, but longer. The last run left me in pain and wheezing. I really didn't know if I could do it!

About 30 minutes in, I only had two running segments of training left and I wasn't nearly as exhausted as last time. I found it amazing! We logged 3.56 miles and I am so proud!

This reminds me of a biggest loser episode where Ashley looks at her mom and wonders, 'What if I go in there and I can't do it?' Don't we all ask that from time to time? We don't know if we can do the next day, that next task. We feel like we can't get up for work or we can't have that conversation or we can't do the thing that God asks us to!

What we need to do is change our mindsets to how Ashley's mom answers her back. 'What happens if you go in there and you can?'

If that's the case, the implications are significant.

If we can get up, go to work, do our ministry, get that workout, we have accomplished something very significant. We have allowed our minds to not put limitations on our actions.

It's kind of like what I have heard Christine Caine say:

'God told Moses to go free God's people. Moses' answer was 'I am not eloquent enough!' As if Moses' eloquence had anything to do with God sending the plagues or parting the Red Sea!'

We can't put limitations on what God can do through us. His is all powerful! All we have to do is be obedient and think of what can happen if we can push through the hard part!

I've passed the Marathon marker on my run Across America. That's a long way! Here's some pictures to kind of see my journey thus far!

No comments:

Post a Comment