Sunday, September 23, 2012

Back in the Saddle

Hello everyone! Sorry I have been MIA the past few days. I had a good reason though. We went camping! For a full and funny recap of our adventures you can check out our video here:

As far as running has been going, the one we did at the camp site WORE ME OUT. We went three minutes running followed by two minutes walking for 50 minutes. We covered four miles through the trails! It was very fun but I was exhausted by the end. I mentally was in a bad place because I was thinking, "If this is this hard and I still have breaks, then how am I going to be able to run for 30 minutes straight?"

What I failed to remember was we went for a three mile hike geocaching before that! No wonder we were so tired! Plus, the 30 minute run is a week from now. I'm not there yet. What happens sometimes is we look at something way down the road and get overwhelmed and we don't feel ready for it. The truth is, we aren't ready for it because we are not there yet!

So when I got around to running today I didn't have a defeatist attitude. I said, "If I could run the last run, and didn't die, I can run this run!" My verse for today was "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." And you know what happened? I did it! I wasn't even completely spent!

This truth was evident in my life today as I went to church this morning and ran the children's department. There are so many moving parts to my ministry and I want to build my team as well as build my students! Things have happened over the last couple of weeks that stressed me out and nothing I did seemed to make a helpful difference. I prayed about it a lot on our camping trip and boy what a difference it made! Many of the things I had been working on finally paid off and conversations I needed to have finally happened! All praise goes to God because it was His timing and His appointments. Never underestimate the work that God is doing through you.

It's amazing to see progress in your life when you have been working toward a goal. Remember when we were kids and we never felt like we were growing? That is, until we stepped up to the kitchen counter and we could suddenly reach all the cookies our moms were making! Life is the same way! We never see ourselves growing until we get in a situation that normally would have been daunting. However, because of the work that God has done in you, we know that we can overcome it! I encourage all of you not only in your running or training for whatever activity you want to do, but in life as well, to take an honest look back and see what you have accomplished. I won't run a marathon in just two months, but I will train. With hard work over a period of time, I can do great things.

Especially if it is Christ who strengthens and guides me!





No comments:

Post a Comment